Monday, November 19, 2007

Thanksgiving Day Recipe


With Thanksgiving Day fast approaching I thought I would start to put up a few of my Thanksgiving Day Favs!
Check out Cooking Light, and search under the recipes tab for Oatmeal Pecan Pie. It will flip you over to a My Recipes Website, but should bring it up. This is a great pie, and you feel less guilty when you have that second piece, because of the "healthy oatmeal" in it.

Quick Tip:

If you choose to make your own pie dough, something which I rarely do. If you roll it out in Grahm Cracker crumbs it will roll out easier, and add an extra kick to the dough.

If you choose not to make your own pie dough, I strongly recommend Mrs. Smiths Frozen Pie Dough, it comes already in the pie pan, and is a pretty good runner up to homemade.

No comments: