Thursday, November 15, 2007

Grocery Night & Old Chicago

Well, tonight is Grocery Night and with everything else going on we went to Old Chicago and enjoyed a thin crust cheddar and sausage pizza. One of my fav's when I am craving cheesy pizza with a lot flavor. So much more tastier than Hamburger and Cheddar. We finally, ran out of left overs!! I planned on a few Grocery's for next week, as its a partial week. We then made our round at Wal-Mart and then on to Price Chopper. I would love to only shop at one store, but I have a FANTASTIC local-chain grocery store on the corner. Price Chopper has a great meat selection (with a meat counter), but for some of the staple items the price is just better at Wal-Mart. On the menu for the up coming week:

Friday Night (Dinner with My Parents): ChickenFriedSteakMashedPotatoesn'Gravy-PEAS!
Saturday Night: Chili & Cinnamon Rolls
Sunday Night: Dinner at My Parents House
Monday Night: Left Over Chili
Tuesday Night: Freezer Dinner/Out
Wednesday Night: Pre-Thanksgiving Weenie Roast with Smores!
Thursday Night: This year a Traditional Thanksgiving Dinner
Friday Night: Probably Left Overs!

So, I will be doing some cooking in the next week, I know FINALLY. I also examine some of the deep traditions behind those mid-western and Kansas dinners. What are some of your deep traditions?

No comments: