Thursday, February 7, 2008

Spaghetti

Tonight I made my husbands favorite meal. SPAGHETTI! I would love to say here is my recipe for Spaghetti sauce, but I never quite make it the same way. There are a few things I always do the same, the rest is just how it goes.


Pt 1:
Boil Water
Cook Noodles

Pt 2:
Heat up 1 t of Olive Oil in the Skillet (sometimes I go up to a Tablespoon)
add 1-2t of garlic (for ease I use the kind in a jar)
1/2 Onion Chopped Up
1 med Bell Pepper Chopped Up (or use the Onion Bell Pepper Freezer Mix)
Saute until soft
1-2 T of Italian Seasoning
Pepper and Salt to taste.


Pt 3:
Add Hamburger (1lb or less)
Brown

Pt 4:
Add
1 can of Tomato Paste Italian Season Blend
until it is fully incorporated
1 can of Tomato Sauce

Now tonight's version:
In Pt 2:
3 Stalks of Celery
1/4 c of Beef Broth (let it cook off mostly before adding beef)
If you skillet is hot this will help cook the onion/bell pepper and "steam it"

Pt 4
After emptying the Tomato Sauce into the beef mixture, I swish out the sauce stuck on the inside, by filling up the can about 1/2 way with Beef Broth. Then I added to beef mixture.

Serve over spaghetti.

Sorry no photos, I was to hungry, it was a long day, and seemed like forever until I had dinner.

No comments: