Sunday, January 20, 2008

Sunday Morning Breakfast: Flapjacks



Why do I call them Flapjacks instead of Pancakes? Well, because... Pancakes in my mind are light and fluffy. These "pancakes" are not. They are flat, they aren't really light and are far from fluffy. These flapjacks are flat, easy to make, and quick to cook. I adapt the recipe from "The Joy of Cooking All About Breakfast and Brunch" one of my favorite breakfast cookbooks.

Here is my version of "Basic Pancakes"

Kansas Girl's Flapjacks

11/2 C of all-purpose flour
3 T of Vanilla Sugar or regular sugar
11/2 t of baking powder
1/2 t of Nutmeg
1/2 t of Cinnamon
Whisk together in large bowl
In a separate bowl mix:
11/2 C of Milk
1-2T of Veg Oil
2 LG Eggs
1 t of Vanilla

add the wet mix to the dry, and whisk together, but don't over-mix. Some lumps but not overly lum-py.

Cook 1/4-1/2 C on griddle until it bubbles and flip over. Cook until done.

PS That is Cool Whip Lite, 2 T

No comments: