Sunday, January 27, 2008

Friday Night Dinner: Re-Run with a new script!


I re-run the butternut squash soup and turned it into a a delicious pasta sauce. I added one can of Hunts Fire Roasted Tomatoes, I small can of cut up black olives, and 1 to 1.5 cup of butternut soup puree, 1 cup of Sargento Bistro Blends Sun-dried Tomato, and Basil Cheese, & 2 T of Heavy Cream. Mixed together, and placed over cooked spinach pasta, and baked in the oven with cheese on top at 425 F for 20min, until the cheese melted. It was much better this way than as soup. My parents are going to use it as a filling in Lasagna this weekend.
We also used my indoor grill pan and cooked steak, marinated with dried basil, garlic, olive oil, white wine, and sun-dried tomatoes. Then on the side we had salad and green beans. It was a great experimental Friday night dinner.

No comments: