Sunday, December 11, 2011

Mom's Sugar Cookies

Mom's Sugar Cookies by KS Girl
Mom's Sugar Cookies, a photo by KS Girl on Flickr.

A holiday tradition in our house is making cookies to give to people. One of the stars of the basket is mom's sugar cookies.
Yes, thats the original card. People ask me all the time what is the ingredient that makes my sugar cookies so good. They ask if its milk, sour cream, or cream cheese, truth is nothing. My mom's recipe is simple, and what makes it special is that I use the original card that she used when I was a kid. She even wrote out the information to double and triple the recipe on the side of the card not shown. There are only two ingredients you don't see in the photo on the card, one is flour, and the other is baking powder. Until I met my husband I didn't even time them when they were in the oven, I could always smell when they were done. He likes a timer, so I time them now, they are slightly more consistent in color. People ask for me to give them recipe, but I am hesitant to give it up. I love to make them for people, and its a pretty straight forward simple recipe. I even screwed up the recipe this year, but you'd never know it. They are a big part of my christmas traditions, and I hope they always will be.

No comments: