Sunday, June 10, 2012

Razberry Jam & Balsamic Red Pepper Jelly

My canning adventure continues. This time I made two different batches, and had my husbands help. Which was really nice, because when we woke up this morning we had no hot water!
As I had already been thinking about canning this morning, I knew I was going to make some sort of berry jam. I had my husband pick about 2 cups raspberries at my parents house. I used the same basic recipe as I did the last time, except I used mostly raspberries and then filled in a with a few blueberries and strawberries.
However, yesterday I had been at the grocery store and picked up a red bell pepper it was sweet and yummy. So, when I ran across the recipe for Balsamic Red Pepper Jelly it seemed like a great idea. It was even already set to be made in 4oz jars, double YEPPIE! I chopped up the red bell peppers and my husband chopped up the jalapeno peppers they sit and made a "juice." Then you cooked the juice with vinegar and pectin. It took quite a bit of sugar over 3cups. It smelled a lot like sweet and sour sauce. Aside from having to boil/heat water to clean everything. The day went really well. I am looking forward to trying it later.

No comments: